Updated Feb 7, 2013 - 1:57 pm
Three ASU seniors invited to NFL combine
Linebacker Brandon Magee, safety Keelan Johnson and punter Josh Hubner will be in attendance at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Ind. from Feb. 20 through Feb. 26, 2013.
About 335 prospects are invited each year to showcase their physical talents and attributes in front of NFL coaches, general managers and scouts.
Magee, a linebacker, posted 113 tackles and 6.5 sacks in his final year as a Sun Devil and is one of 35 players invited to the combine at his position. Magee was drafted by the Boston Red Sox in last year's MLB first-year-player draft.
Johnson, a safety, recorded 66 solo tackles and led ASU with 5 interceptions in his senior campaign. He will be one of 60 defensive backs heading to Indianapolis.
Hubner, who is one of the best punters in the nation, averaged 47.1 yards in 52 punt attempts this season; he will be joining 12 other punters at Lucas Oil Stadium.
At the combine prospects will undergo a series of rigorous physical and mental tests including the 40-yard dash, bench press (225 lb. repetitions), vertical jump, 20 and 60-yard shuttle, position specific drills and the Wonderlic test. They will also be subject to interviews, physical measurements, injury evaluations and drug screenings.
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.