Updated Feb 5, 2013 - 3:45 pm
ASU coach Sendek: Jahii Carson is improving
Carson, who was forced to sit last season out due to eligibility issues, is averaging 18.3 points, 5.3 assists and 3.2 rebounds per game for the surprising Sun Devils.
And, according to his coach, he's actually getting better.
"I think he continues to improve each and every day," ASU coach Herb Sendek told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Tuesday. "I think he's in a great place with his confidence right now."
Sendek pointed to Carson taking fewer "difficult shots" at the basket and cutting down on turnovers as signs he's elevated his play.
"He played against a pressure-oriented defense at Washington, played almost the entire game with one turnover," he said. "If you go back to some of our non-conference games that's a dramatic improvement."
Carson turned the ball over 52 times in 13 non-conference games but has committed just 19 in nine Pac-12 contests.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- High Octane Hour with Arizona State's Graham begins next week
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!