Former Sun Devil Curley Culp elected to Hall of Fame
Former ASU two-sport star Curley Culp was elected into the 2013 Pro Football Hall of Fame class on Saturday.
The five-time NFL Pro Bowler played for the Kansas City Chiefs, Houston Oilers and Detroit Lions over his esteemed 14-year professional career. He started at defensive tackle for the Chiefs in their Super Bowl IV victory over the Vikings. He was also an integral part of the Chiefs defensive line for six-plus seasons.
The Yuma native had 68 sacks, 14 forced fumbles and 10 fumble recoveries in his career. He was one of the fastest defensive lineman in the NFL during his time in the league.
Culp, a Sun Devil Ring of Honor inductee, was an All-American defensive lineman in 1967. He also won the NCAA national championship as a heavyweight wrestler the same year for the Devils. He played for ASU from 1965-1967 and was a charter inductee into the Arizona State Hall of Fame in 1975.
He was one of two senior committee nominees for election into the NFL Hall of Fame this year.
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Arizona State has plenty of options at the Devilbacker position
- ASU football players to again participate in concussion study
- Todd Graham, Arizona State Sun Devils are ready to go
- Arizona State football creates 'Honor Row' to recognize current and past military at home games
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday August 26Mark May shares his thoughts on the upcoming college football season.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 26Could the Sun Devils' offense be one of the most prolific in the Pac-12?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.