Updated Feb 2, 2013 - 7:01 pm
Former ASU TE Tyrice Thompson dies from stab wounds
Thompson, 27, was working as a bouncer at Martini Ranch in Scottsdale and was stabbed five times in the back, hip and arm after an altercation that started inside the establishment was moved outside. Thompson was transported to Scottsdale Health Care-Osborn.
Scottsdale Police arrested 26-year-old Ian MacDonald of Tempe after review of video surveillance gave them probable cause that he stabbed Thompson.
The South Mountain High School graduate started his Sun Devil career as a walk-on in 2004 and played in 46 games during his ASU career. As a senior in 2007, he caught 15 passes for 272 yards and a touchdown. The touchdown came in his last home game at Sun Devil Stadium against Arizona in a game ASU won, 20-17.
In August of 2008, Thompson signed as an undrafted free agent with the Indianapolis Colts but was later waived.
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.