Jahii Carson on freshman of the year watch list
Twelve of the nation's top first-year players in contention for the national freshman of the year award make up the list, as chosen by the association's board of directors.
Through 20 games, Carson leads all NCAA freshmen in free throws made (91) and free throws attempted (127), is second in minutes per game (36.5), third in assists (5.5) and fourth in scoring with 17.3 PPG. In his past five games Carson has averaged 19 points per game with 5.6 assists.
Carson's 36.5 minutes per game top the Pac-12 and are on pace to set a freshman record at ASU. Only Harvard freshman Siyani Chambers is averaging more with 37.7 minutes per game.
The award's recipient will be honored on April 15 at the Devon Energy College Basketball Awards in Oklahoma City along with the winners of The Oscar Robertson Trophy and the Henry Iba Coach of the year Award at the annual gala held the Monday following the NCAA Men's Final Four.
The other 11 players in contention for the award are: Kyle Anderson, UCLA; Isaiah Austin, Baylor; Anthony Bennett, UNLV; Yogi Ferrell, Indiana; Ben McLemore, Kansas; Shabazz Muhammad, UCLA; Nerlens Noel, Kentucky; Glenn Robinson III, Michigan; Marcus Smart, Oklahoma State; and Nik Stauskas, Michigan.
- UFC Legend Dan "Hendo" Henderson - Saturday June 15UFC great Dan Henderson joins The Power MMA Show to preview his UFC 161 bout vs Rashad Evans.
- Steve Patterson, ASU AD - Tuesday June 4Will Notre Dame be on the ASU football schedule? And, what does he think of E. Gordon Gee's comments
- Jeff Pendergraph, Indiana Pacers forward - Tuesday June 4Pacer and former ASU basketball player Jeff Pendergraph talks about Indiana's run in the playoffs
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 30What will be discussed at the upcoming meeting with the other Pac-12 athletic directors?
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works