Updated Jan 22, 2013 - 11:00 am
Brandan Kearney officially joins ASU basketball
Former Michigan State basketball player Brandan Kearney will transfer to Arizona State to finish his collegiate career.
Kearney released a statement Tuesday:
I've decided to finish my college basketball career at Arizona State University. There were 20 schools that contacted MSU, my family, my High School coach and my AAU coach. Texas A&M, Iowa State, and Arizona State were the top three schools that I considered.
Kearney, a 6-foot-5, 190-pound guard, played in 34 games for the Spartans as a freshman, scoring 1.2 points per game. This season, Kearney appeared in 13 games during MSU's non-conference schedule, scoring 2.3 points per game.
Rivals.com had Kearney rated as a three-star recruit out of Southeastern High School in Detroit in 2011. He was also offered scholarships by Florida International, Michigan, Minnesota and Ohio State.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- ASU hires Patrick Suddes as assistant athletics director for recruiting
- ASU's Will Sutton, Carl Bradford work out for scouts at NFL Combine
- Arizona RB Ka'Deem Carey records slow 40-yard dash time, ASU RB Marion Grice doesn't participate
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 football analyst - Wednesday March 5Why is the drop back quarterback losing steam in college football?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- Herb Sendek, ASU basketball coach - Tuesday March 4Herb Sendek talks about the upcoming game against Oregon, and the decision to come home in between r