Updated Jan 14, 2013 - 11:04 am
Is ASU's Musselman a candidate for USC opening?
O'Neill was in his fourth season with the Trojans and had a 48-65 record with the school. This season, USC was 7-10 and 2-2 in the Pac-12 following a 76-59 win at Utah Saturday which snapped a 12-game road losing streak.
Bob Cantu, one of O'Neill's assistants, will guide the team on an interim basis.
But now the fun begins. Names of potential successors are already floating around, and that list includes a local figure, according to Yahoo! Sports' Marc Spears.
Musselman is in his first season on Herb Sendek's staff at Arizona State, and has played a part in the Sun Devils' resurgence in 2012-13. After splitting in Oregon over the weekend, ASU is 14-3 and 3-1 in Pac-12 play as they head home to host highly-ranked in-state rival Arizona Saturday in Tempe.
Interestingly enough, Spears pulled the tweet just moments after posting it.
- Mel Kiper Jr.: ASU's Sutton, Bradford could be taken on second or third day of draft
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.