Updated Jan 2, 2013 - 10:35 am
Arizona State loses running backs coach Larry Porter to Texas
Running backs coach Larry Porter has left for the same position on Mack Brown's staff with the Texas Longhorns.
"I'm just really excited to be joining what I think is the best program in the country," Porter said in a press release."Having the opportunity to work under a man like Coach Brown, who I look at as a legend in college football, is an honor and a privilege. He has done so much for college football and is so well respected. I'm thrilled to be joining his staff and to be a part of a program that I've had such great admiration for.
"The future of Texas football is very bright and being able to work with Coach Brown and so many guys I've known and worked with before is an opportunity I couldn't pass up. My family and I are really excited and looking forward to getting started."
Under Porter's guidance the Sun Devils had one of the Pac-12's better rushing attacks, as four players tallied more than 400 yards on the ground.
"We are very excited to have Larry Porter joining our staff," said Brown in the same press release. "He brings a wealth of experience and has a reputation as one of the best coaches and recruiters in our game. Larry has spent a great deal of time in the Big 12 and SEC and has a strong familiarity with our state and staff. During his time at Oklahoma State and LSU, he did a tremendous job recruiting Dallas and Houston. He also has worked with two of our current coaches in Bo Davis and Stacy Searels in previous positions and has been friends with Darrell Wyatt for a number of years, so that should make for a smooth transition. We're really looking forward to having him in our program."
- FANTASY GRIND: Jamaal Charles, 2013 fantasy MVP
- Report: ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell interviews for Arkansas State coaching job
- ASU coach Graham: Will Sutton 'very deserving' of All-America honors
- ASU's Todd Graham is tired of his name being linked to job openings
- ESPN insider: ASU head coach Todd Graham could be a candidate for the Texas job
- Herb Sendek, ASU basketball coach - Tuesday December 17State of the program and previewing Texas Tech
- Chris Karpman, Publisher of ASUdevils.com - Thursday December 12ASU has one commitment among high school prospects in the state. What does this mean?
- Rocky Harris, Senior Associate Athletic Director - Thursday December 12The aftermath of the Sun Devils loss to Stanford.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN College Football Analyst - Monday December 9ASU's heartbreaking loss, the other Championship Saturday games and Selection Sunday.
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.