Updated Jan 2, 2013 - 10:35 am
Arizona State loses running backs coach Larry Porter to Texas
Running backs coach Larry Porter has left for the same position on Mack Brown's staff with the Texas Longhorns.
"I'm just really excited to be joining what I think is the best program in the country," Porter said in a press release."Having the opportunity to work under a man like Coach Brown, who I look at as a legend in college football, is an honor and a privilege. He has done so much for college football and is so well respected. I'm thrilled to be joining his staff and to be a part of a program that I've had such great admiration for.
"The future of Texas football is very bright and being able to work with Coach Brown and so many guys I've known and worked with before is an opportunity I couldn't pass up. My family and I are really excited and looking forward to getting started."
Under Porter's guidance the Sun Devils had one of the Pac-12's better rushing attacks, as four players tallied more than 400 yards on the ground.
"We are very excited to have Larry Porter joining our staff," said Brown in the same press release. "He brings a wealth of experience and has a reputation as one of the best coaches and recruiters in our game. Larry has spent a great deal of time in the Big 12 and SEC and has a strong familiarity with our state and staff. During his time at Oklahoma State and LSU, he did a tremendous job recruiting Dallas and Houston. He also has worked with two of our current coaches in Bo Davis and Stacy Searels in previous positions and has been friends with Darrell Wyatt for a number of years, so that should make for a smooth transition. We're really looking forward to having him in our program."
- ASU head coach Todd Graham in favor of eliminating games against FCS opponents
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Arizona State has plenty of options at the Devilbacker position
- ASU football players to again participate in concussion study
- Todd Graham, Arizona State Sun Devils are ready to go
- Todd Graham - Wednesday August 27Arizona State football coach Todd Graham discusses his team's upcoming matchup against Weber State.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday August 26Mark May shares his thoughts on the upcoming college football season.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 26Could the Sun Devils' offense be one of the most prolific in the Pac-12?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.