Updated Dec 19, 2012 - 12:38 pm
Report: Westerman transfer to ASU is official
According to ASUDevils.com, the transfer became official Wednesday.
Christian Westerman transfer from Auburn to Arizona State is official per ASU program source. Former No. 3 tackle recruit nationally.— ASUDevils.com (@ASUDevilscom) December 19, 2012
Westerman was rated the third-best offensive tackle prospect in the nation in 2011 by Rivals.com, and chose Auburn over offers from Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oregon, Texas and both Arizona and Arizona State.
The 6-foot-4, 298-pound Westerman played in three games this past season for Auburn, starting one. He was bothered by an ankle injury for a good portion of the 2012 season.
- Chris Karpman, Publisher of ASUdevils.com - Thursday December 12ASU has one commitment among high school prospects in the state. What does this mean?
- Rocky Harris, Senior Associate Athletic Director - Thursday December 12The aftermath of the Sun Devils loss to Stanford.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN College Football Analyst - Monday December 9ASU's heartbreaking loss, the other Championship Saturday games and Selection Sunday.
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game