Updated Dec 19, 2012 - 12:38 pm
Report: Westerman transfer to ASU is official
According to ASUDevils.com, the transfer became official Wednesday.
Christian Westerman transfer from Auburn to Arizona State is official per ASU program source. Former No. 3 tackle recruit nationally.— ASUDevils.com (@ASUDevilscom) December 19, 2012
Westerman was rated the third-best offensive tackle prospect in the nation in 2011 by Rivals.com, and chose Auburn over offers from Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oregon, Texas and both Arizona and Arizona State.
The 6-foot-4, 298-pound Westerman played in three games this past season for Auburn, starting one. He was bothered by an ankle injury for a good portion of the 2012 season.
- ASU head coach Todd Graham in favor of eliminating games against FCS opponents
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Arizona State has plenty of options at the Devilbacker position
- ASU football players to again participate in concussion study
- Todd Graham, Arizona State Sun Devils are ready to go
- Todd Graham - Wednesday August 27Arizona State football coach Todd Graham discusses his team's upcoming matchup against Weber State.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday August 26Mark May shares his thoughts on the upcoming college football season.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 26Could the Sun Devils' offense be one of the most prolific in the Pac-12?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.