Updated Dec 13, 2012 - 11:57 am
Two Sun Devils named SI All-Americans
Junior defensive tackle Will Sutton was named to the first team, while senior punter Josh Hubner received honorable mention recognition.
This honor only adds to the already impressive list of accolades for Sutton, who has already won 14 national awards.
Aside from the 2012 Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year, Sutton has been named to nine All-American teams and was awarded both the Morris Trophy and first team All-Pac-12 honors.
Sutton ended the 2012 season with 58 total tackles, 20 of which were for a loss, and 10.5 sacks. His 1.82 tackles for loss per game were good for first in the Pac-12 and fifth in the nation.
Hubner finished his the season with a conference-leading 47.1 yards per punt, which was good for third in the nation. His 73 yard punt against UCLA was a career best and was tied for the ninth longest punt of the 2012 season.
While not as widely recognized as Sutton, Hubner had been named to Lindy's All-American team earlier this week.
The Sun Devils are scheduled to face the United States Naval Academy in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl December 29 at AT&T Park in San Francisco.
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.