Updated Dec 13, 2012 - 10:37 am
Report: Christian Westerman planning transfer to ASU
Westerman, a product of Hamilton High School in Chandler, chose Auburn after a heavy recruitment from schools like Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama and Florida.
The 6-foot-5, 298-pounder redshirted in 2011, and played sparingly this season, appearing in three games and starting one. He had been bothered by an ankle injury as well.
Westerman was rated the third-best offensive tackle prospect in the nation out of high school by Rivals.com and second by ESPN.
The ASUDevils.com report states that as of Thursday morning, ASU has not received a scholarship release for Westerman from Auburn.
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Arizona State has plenty of options at the Devilbacker position
- ASU football players to again participate in concussion study
- Todd Graham, Arizona State Sun Devils are ready to go
- Arizona State football creates 'Honor Row' to recognize current and past military at home games
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday August 26Mark May shares his thoughts on the upcoming college football season.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 26Could the Sun Devils' offense be one of the most prolific in the Pac-12?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.