Updated Dec 13, 2012 - 10:37 am
Report: Christian Westerman planning transfer to ASU
Westerman, a product of Hamilton High School in Chandler, chose Auburn after a heavy recruitment from schools like Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama and Florida.
The 6-foot-5, 298-pounder redshirted in 2011, and played sparingly this season, appearing in three games and starting one. He had been bothered by an ankle injury as well.
Westerman was rated the third-best offensive tackle prospect in the nation out of high school by Rivals.com and second by ESPN.
The ASUDevils.com report states that as of Thursday morning, ASU has not received a scholarship release for Westerman from Auburn.
- What to watch for: Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Weber State Wildcats
- ASU head coach Todd Graham in favor of eliminating games against FCS opponents
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Arizona State has plenty of options at the Devilbacker position
- ASU football players to again participate in concussion study
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commisioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.
- Bill Hancock - College Football Playoff executive director - Wednesday August 27How will the playoff system impact college football?
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Todd Graham, head coach ASU football - Wednesday August 27Arizona State football coach Todd Graham discusses his team's upcoming matchup against Weber State.