Updated Dec 13, 2012 - 10:37 am
Report: Christian Westerman planning transfer to ASU
Westerman, a product of Hamilton High School in Chandler, chose Auburn after a heavy recruitment from schools like Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama and Florida.
The 6-foot-5, 298-pounder redshirted in 2011, and played sparingly this season, appearing in three games and starting one. He had been bothered by an ankle injury as well.
Westerman was rated the third-best offensive tackle prospect in the nation out of high school by Rivals.com and second by ESPN.
The ASUDevils.com report states that as of Thursday morning, ASU has not received a scholarship release for Westerman from Auburn.
- ASU deputy coach and OC Mike Norvell: 'I'm excited about being part' of program's rise
- Forbes: Texas most valuable college football team
- ASU promotes Mike Norvell to role of deputy head coach
- FANTASY GRIND: Jamaal Charles, 2013 fantasy MVP
- Report: ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell interviews for Arkansas State coaching job
- Mike Norvell, ASU Deputy Head Coach - Wednesday December 18Norvell talks about his promotion to Deputy Head Coach
- Herb Sendek, ASU basketball coach - Tuesday December 17State of the program and previewing Texas Tech
- Chris Karpman, Publisher of ASUdevils.com - Thursday December 12ASU has one commitment among high school prospects in the state. What does this mean?
- Rocky Harris, Senior Associate Athletic Director - Thursday December 12The aftermath of the Sun Devils loss to Stanford.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN College Football Analyst - Monday December 9ASU's heartbreaking loss, the other Championship Saturday games and Selection Sunday.