Updated Dec 11, 2012 - 1:59 pm
ASU's Will Sutton named AP All-American
Sutton ranked fifth in the nation in tackles for loss and 13th in sacks during a season in which he was named the Pac-12 Pat Tillman Defensive Player of the Year.
The Corona, California product has also been named to All-American teams by Sporting News, the American Football Coaches Association, the Walter Camp Football Foundation, CBS Sports, Lindy's, Athlon Sports and Scout.com.
"That recognition, Will would be the first one to tell you, is a reflection of his teammates and the commitment they've made to be good," Arizona State head coach Todd Graham said Tuesday. "I'm really proud of him and I'm proud of our guys and we're awful proud to have a consensus All-American, the player of the year in the conference, that means we're doing some good things defensively, for sure."
He is the 18th consensus All-American in Arizona State history and the first since kicker Thomas Weber in 2007.
Sutton and the Sun Devils will play Navy in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl in San Francisco December 29.
- Stagnant or statement
- What to watch for: Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Weber State Wildcats
- ASU head coach Todd Graham in favor of eliminating games against FCS opponents
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Arizona State has plenty of options at the Devilbacker position
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commisioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.
- Bill Hancock - College Football Playoff executive director - Wednesday August 27How will the playoff system impact college football?
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Todd Graham, head coach ASU football - Wednesday August 27Arizona State football coach Todd Graham discusses his team's upcoming matchup against Weber State.