Updated Dec 11, 2012 - 1:59 pm
ASU's Will Sutton named AP All-American
Sutton ranked fifth in the nation in tackles for loss and 13th in sacks during a season in which he was named the Pac-12 Pat Tillman Defensive Player of the Year.
The Corona, California product has also been named to All-American teams by Sporting News, the American Football Coaches Association, the Walter Camp Football Foundation, CBS Sports, Lindy's, Athlon Sports and Scout.com.
"That recognition, Will would be the first one to tell you, is a reflection of his teammates and the commitment they've made to be good," Arizona State head coach Todd Graham said Tuesday. "I'm really proud of him and I'm proud of our guys and we're awful proud to have a consensus All-American, the player of the year in the conference, that means we're doing some good things defensively, for sure."
He is the 18th consensus All-American in Arizona State history and the first since kicker Thomas Weber in 2007.
Sutton and the Sun Devils will play Navy in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl in San Francisco December 29.
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.