ASU's Foster and Hood named freshman All-Americans
Foster was selected to the first team as an all-purpose player, while Hood was selected to the second team as a defensive lineman.
Coming into the 2012 season as one of the most highly-rated recruits to sign with ASU in recent memory, Foster made an immediate impact on a Sun Devil squad in desperate need of a playmaker.
Storming out of the gate with 99 all-purpose yards and one touchdown in his first regular season game, the 5-foot-11, 183-pound running back proved to be one ASU's most versatile player.
Foster ended the regular season as ASU's third-leading rusher and second-leading receiver and showed the future looks bright for the Sun Devil offense.
On the other side of the ball, Hood became one of just six true freshmen in Arizona State history to start in their first college game. The 6-foot, 295-pound defensive lineman recorded his first sack against Missouri and had a career best five total tackles and one sack in ASU's loss to Oregon State.
Starting every game this season, Hood made his presence known on a defensive unit ranked second in the Pac-12 in total defense. Lining up alongside All-American standout Will Sutton, Hood ended the season with 23 total tackles, four off which were for a loss, and three sacks.
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 14Patterson talks to the guys about the Territorial Cup & scheduling with Notre Dame Football
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 7Patterson talks to Doug & Wolf about the state of Sun Devil Athletics
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 2Doug and Wolf talk to Patterson about the latest news coming out of the Pac-12 meetings.
- Brandon Magee , Former ASU Linebacker - Wednesday May 1Doug & Wolf ask Brandon Magee about signing with the Cowboys after going undrafted.