Updated Dec 7, 2012 - 11:42 am
ASU's Foster and Hood named freshman All-Americans
Foster was selected to the first team as an all-purpose player, while Hood was selected to the second team as a defensive lineman.
Coming into the 2012 season as one of the most highly-rated recruits to sign with ASU in recent memory, Foster made an immediate impact on a Sun Devil squad in desperate need of a playmaker.
Storming out of the gate with 99 all-purpose yards and one touchdown in his first regular season game, the 5-foot-11, 183-pound running back proved to be one ASU's most versatile player.
Foster ended the regular season as ASU's third-leading rusher and second-leading receiver and showed the future looks bright for the Sun Devil offense.
On the other side of the ball, Hood became one of just six true freshmen in Arizona State history to start in their first college game. The 6-foot, 295-pound defensive lineman recorded his first sack against Missouri and had a career best five total tackles and one sack in ASU's loss to Oregon State.
Starting every game this season, Hood made his presence known on a defensive unit ranked second in the Pac-12 in total defense. Lining up alongside All-American standout Will Sutton, Hood ended the season with 23 total tackles, four off which were for a loss, and three sacks.
- Arizona State moves up multiple spots in the AP and Coaches' Poll
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.