Updated Dec 7, 2012 - 10:30 am
Will Sutton becomes ASU's 18th consensus All-American
With that selection, Sutton reached consensus All-American status. Previously, the Corona, Calif. product had been named to the Sporting News and American Football Coaches Association All-American teams.
Sutton becomes the 18th consensus All-American in Arizona State football history and the first since kicker Thomas Weber in 2007.
Sutton led the Sun Devils with 20 tackles for loss, tied for the team lead in sacks with 10.5, broke up five passes and forced three fumbles.
He and the Sun Devils will take on Navy in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl in San Francisco December 29.
Arizona State consensus All-Americans
Will Sutton, defensive tackle, 2012
Thomas Weber, kicker, 2007
Zach Miller, tight end, 2006
Terrell Suggs, defensive end, 2002*
Juan Roque, tackle, 1996
Randall McDaniel, guard, 1987
Danny Villa, tackle, 1986
David Fulcher, safety, 1985
David Fulcher, safety, 1984
Luis Zendejas, kicker, 1983
Mike Richardson, safety, 1982
Mike Richardson, safety, 1981
Al Harris, defensive end, 1978*
John Jefferson, wide receiver, 1977
Mike Haynes, cornerback, 1975
Woody Green, running back, 1973
Woody Green, running back, 1972
Ron Pritchard, linebacker, 1968
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.