Updated Dec 6, 2012 - 2:46 pm
Will Sutton named Sporting News All-American
This honor comes a fews day after Sutton earned the same recognition from CBSSports.com and Athlon Sports. CBS Sports also named Sutton its Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year on Tuesday a week after conference coaches named him the Pac-12 Pat Tillman Defensive Player of the Year.
The junior defensive tackle ended a dominant season with 58 total tackes, 20 of which were for a loss, and 10.5 sacks. His 1.82 tackles for loss per game were good for first in the conference and fifth in the nation, while his 0.95 sacks per game ranked third in the Pac-12 and 12th in the nation.
The Sporting News is one of five All-America teams officially recognized by the NCAA in determining their consensus All-Americans.
The other four are the Associated Press, the Football Writers Association of America, the Walter Camp Football Foundation and the American Football Coaches Association, which is the only one who has released its selected team. Sutton was also among its list of honorees.
Sutton and the Sun Devils are scheduled to face the United States Naval Academy in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl December 29 at AT&T Park in San Francisco.
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.