Updated Dec 6, 2012 - 2:46 pm
Will Sutton named Sporting News All-American
This honor comes a fews day after Sutton earned the same recognition from CBSSports.com and Athlon Sports. CBS Sports also named Sutton its Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year on Tuesday a week after conference coaches named him the Pac-12 Pat Tillman Defensive Player of the Year.
The junior defensive tackle ended a dominant season with 58 total tackes, 20 of which were for a loss, and 10.5 sacks. His 1.82 tackles for loss per game were good for first in the conference and fifth in the nation, while his 0.95 sacks per game ranked third in the Pac-12 and 12th in the nation.
The Sporting News is one of five All-America teams officially recognized by the NCAA in determining their consensus All-Americans.
The other four are the Associated Press, the Football Writers Association of America, the Walter Camp Football Foundation and the American Football Coaches Association, which is the only one who has released its selected team. Sutton was also among its list of honorees.
Sutton and the Sun Devils are scheduled to face the United States Naval Academy in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl December 29 at AT&T Park in San Francisco.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.