Updated Dec 6, 2012 - 2:46 pm
Will Sutton named Sporting News All-American
This honor comes a fews day after Sutton earned the same recognition from CBSSports.com and Athlon Sports. CBS Sports also named Sutton its Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year on Tuesday a week after conference coaches named him the Pac-12 Pat Tillman Defensive Player of the Year.
The junior defensive tackle ended a dominant season with 58 total tackes, 20 of which were for a loss, and 10.5 sacks. His 1.82 tackles for loss per game were good for first in the conference and fifth in the nation, while his 0.95 sacks per game ranked third in the Pac-12 and 12th in the nation.
The Sporting News is one of five All-America teams officially recognized by the NCAA in determining their consensus All-Americans.
The other four are the Associated Press, the Football Writers Association of America, the Walter Camp Football Foundation and the American Football Coaches Association, which is the only one who has released its selected team. Sutton was also among its list of honorees.
Sutton and the Sun Devils are scheduled to face the United States Naval Academy in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl December 29 at AT&T Park in San Francisco.
- ASU students anxiously anticipate Pac-12 Championship
- ASU Associate AD Rocky Harris: ‘Haven't seen this kind of excitement since 1996'
- ASU defense ready for the challenge presented by Stanford's power running game
- ESPN Radio College GameDay to be in Tempe
- Former ASU star Jake Plummer sees himself in Taylor Kelly
- Jake Plummer, Pac-12 Network College Football Analyst - Thursday December 5Jake the Snake shares inspiring insight into ASU football and the Tillman Tunnel
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday December 4The Pac 12 Championship will be a moment to remember at Sun Devil Stadium
- Tom Luginbill, ESPN College Football Analyst - Wednesday December 4A national perspective on the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Larry Scott, Commissioner of the Pac-12 Conference - Tuesday December 3Scott previews the Pac-12 championship game.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday December 3May Day previews the Pac-12 Championship game.