Arizona State to face Navy in Fight Hunger Bowl
The Midshipmen (7-4) locked up a bid to the Dec. 29 game in San Francisco earlier this year, and bowl officials selected the Sun Devils (7-5) as the Pac-12 participant on Sunday.
Navy had an eight-year streak of bowl bids snapped last season when the Midshipmen finished 5-7. But coach Ken Niumatalolo got them back this season even before the regular-season finale next Saturday against Army.
Arizona State made it to a bowl in its first season under coach Todd Graham, capping the regular season with a 41-34 win over rival Arizona. The Sun Devils haven't won a bowl game since beating Rutgers 45-40 in the Insight Bowl in 2005.
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.