Updated Nov 28, 2012 - 9:08 am
ASU's Will Sutton named AFCA 2012 All-American
Sutton, who earlier this week was named the Pac-12's Pat Tillman Defensive Player of the Year and a First Team All-Conference selection, was one of only two Pac-12 defensive players on the AFCA team, joining Oregon State cornerback Jordan Poyer.
The 6-foot-1, 267-pound Sutton ranked fifth in the nation in tackles for loss per game (1.82) and 12th in sacks per game (.95). He was the main cog in a Sun Devil defense that ranked second in the nation in tackles for loss per game (8.83).
Sutton is the 11th Arizona State player to earn AFCA All-America honors, and is the first since defensive end Terrell Suggs in 2002. He's only the third ASU defensive lineman to have the honor bestowed upon him, joining Suggs and Al Harris (1978).
See the entire 2012 AFCA FBS All-America Team here.
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.