Updated Nov 28, 2012 - 9:08 am
ASU's Will Sutton named AFCA 2012 All-American
Sutton, who earlier this week was named the Pac-12's Pat Tillman Defensive Player of the Year and a First Team All-Conference selection, was one of only two Pac-12 defensive players on the AFCA team, joining Oregon State cornerback Jordan Poyer.
The 6-foot-1, 267-pound Sutton ranked fifth in the nation in tackles for loss per game (1.82) and 12th in sacks per game (.95). He was the main cog in a Sun Devil defense that ranked second in the nation in tackles for loss per game (8.83).
Sutton is the 11th Arizona State player to earn AFCA All-America honors, and is the first since defensive end Terrell Suggs in 2002. He's only the third ASU defensive lineman to have the honor bestowed upon him, joining Suggs and Al Harris (1978).
See the entire 2012 AFCA FBS All-America Team here.
- Doug Franz College Football Playoff - Final
- Bowls feature impressive gift packages for participating teams
- Arizona State accepts invitation to play in 2013 Holiday Bowl against Texas Tech
- Some things are more disappointing than Arizona State's loss to Stanford
- Arizona State dips in national polls after loss to Stanford in Pac-12 Championship
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.
- Jean Boyd, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6Boyd explains the importance of ASU football's "Rock Walk" tradition