Updated Nov 28, 2012 - 9:08 am
ASU's Will Sutton named AFCA 2012 All-American
Sutton, who earlier this week was named the Pac-12's Pat Tillman Defensive Player of the Year and a First Team All-Conference selection, was one of only two Pac-12 defensive players on the AFCA team, joining Oregon State cornerback Jordan Poyer.
The 6-foot-1, 267-pound Sutton ranked fifth in the nation in tackles for loss per game (1.82) and 12th in sacks per game (.95). He was the main cog in a Sun Devil defense that ranked second in the nation in tackles for loss per game (8.83).
Sutton is the 11th Arizona State player to earn AFCA All-America honors, and is the first since defensive end Terrell Suggs in 2002. He's only the third ASU defensive lineman to have the honor bestowed upon him, joining Suggs and Al Harris (1978).
See the entire 2012 AFCA FBS All-America Team here.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.