Updated Nov 26, 2012 - 3:47 pm
ASU's Will Sutton named Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year
Sutton, a junior from Corona, Calif., led the conference with 20 tackles for loss, ranked third with 10.5 quarterback sacks and helped the Sun Devils lead the Pac-12 in pass defense and pass efficiency defense.
Sutton also garnered First Team All-Pac-12 honors -- he was the only Sun Devil to win that distinction.
Senior linebacker Brandon Magee, junior safety Alden Darby landed on the second team defense, while senior punter Josh Hubner was the second team punter.
Magee led the Devils with 104 total tackles, including 17 in ASU's Territorial Cup win over Arizona in Tucson last Friday. For his efforts, Magee won the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week honor. Magee's accomplishments come just a year after he missed the entire 2011 campaign with a ruptured Achilles tendon.
Darby finished the regular season with 72 total tackles, three interceptions for 154 yards and a touchdown. He also broke up four passes and forced a fumble. Darby also became the first Sun Devil to earn the "PT42" camouflage practice jersey this season. The jersey pays tribute to former Sun Devil Pat Tillman and in the words of head coach Todd Graham "embodies all the things that he emulated."
Hubner led the Pac-12 in punting with a 47.13 gross average, which also ranked third in the nation.
The following Sun Devils received Pac-12 honorable mention:
LB Carl Bradford, CB Deveron Carr, TE Chris Coyle, OT Evan Finkenberg, RB D.J. Foster, RB Marion Grice, DT Jaxon Hood, DB Osahon Irabor, S Keelan Johnson, QB Taylor Kelly, RS Rashad Ross
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Herb Sendek, ASU basketball coach - Tuesday March 11ASU basketball coach Herb Sendek discusses the Pac-12 tournament.
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was