Updated Nov 19, 2012 - 4:47 pm
Graham on UA's Carey: ‘He is pretty special'
The Canyon del Oro High School alum has gotten hot just in time for the team's annual battle with Arizona State for the Territorial Cup.
Sun Devil head coach Todd Graham joined Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo and talked about why he considers Carey to be the best back in the Pac-12,maybe the nation.
"Probably down for down, not faster than the guys at Oregon, but you can't say there is anybody else in this country or this league that is a better running back than him," Graham said. "I think he is right up there."
Carey leads the nation in rushing with 1,585 yards and is fourth in touchdowns with 19.
Graham feels that Carey is more than just a talented runner. He also described the sophomore running back as a "tremendous blocker" and a "great receiver out of the backfield."
"I'm not sure that he is not the best back if you just look at the all-around, how he dominates the teams that he plays," Graham said. He is the leading rusher in the nation, so obviously he is pretty special."
The Wildcats and the Devils square off in the 85th annual battle for the Territorial Cup Friday at 8 p.m.
- Arizona State 60 minutes from punching ticket to first Rose Bowl in 17 years
- ASU's Todd Graham: 'We've got to take it' from Stanford
- Less than 5,000 tickets remain for Pac-12 Championship Game
- ASU students anxiously anticipate Pac-12 Championship
- ASU Associate AD Rocky Harris: ‘Haven't seen this kind of excitement since 1996'
- Jean Boyd, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6Boyd explains the importance of ASU football's "Rock Walk" tradition
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Football Color Analyst - Friday December 6Is this the biggest game in ASU football history?
- Rocky Harris, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6What will be the economic impact of ASU's success?
- Todd Graham, Head Coach ASU Football - Friday December 6Todd Graham talks to Doug and Wolf about the Pac-12 Championship Game.
- Jake Plummer, Pac-12 Network College Football Analyst - Thursday December 5Jake the Snake shares inspiring insight into ASU football and the Tillman Tunnel