Updated Nov 19, 2012 - 4:47 pm
Graham on UA's Carey: ‘He is pretty special'
The Canyon del Oro High School alum has gotten hot just in time for the team's annual battle with Arizona State for the Territorial Cup.
Sun Devil head coach Todd Graham joined Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo and talked about why he considers Carey to be the best back in the Pac-12,maybe the nation.
"Probably down for down, not faster than the guys at Oregon, but you can't say there is anybody else in this country or this league that is a better running back than him," Graham said. "I think he is right up there."
Carey leads the nation in rushing with 1,585 yards and is fourth in touchdowns with 19.
Graham feels that Carey is more than just a talented runner. He also described the sophomore running back as a "tremendous blocker" and a "great receiver out of the backfield."
"I'm not sure that he is not the best back if you just look at the all-around, how he dominates the teams that he plays," Graham said. He is the leading rusher in the nation, so obviously he is pretty special."
The Wildcats and the Devils square off in the 85th annual battle for the Territorial Cup Friday at 8 p.m.
- Arizona State accepts invitation to play in 2013 Holiday Bowl against Texas Tech
- Some things are more disappointing than Arizona State's loss to Stanford
- Arizona State dips in national polls after loss to Stanford in Pac-12 Championship
- Fork Report: Devils dominated in Pac-12 Championship Game
- Saturday's loss certainly hurts, but for ASU, this is the ground floor
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.
- Jean Boyd, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6Boyd explains the importance of ASU football's "Rock Walk" tradition