Graham on UA's Carey: ‘He is pretty special'
The Canyon del Oro High School alum has gotten hot just in time for the team's annual battle with Arizona State for the Territorial Cup.
Sun Devil head coach Todd Graham joined Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo and talked about why he considers Carey to be the best back in the Pac-12,maybe the nation.
"Probably down for down, not faster than the guys at Oregon, but you can't say there is anybody else in this country or this league that is a better running back than him," Graham said. "I think he is right up there."
Carey leads the nation in rushing with 1,585 yards and is fourth in touchdowns with 19.
Graham feels that Carey is more than just a talented runner. He also described the sophomore running back as a "tremendous blocker" and a "great receiver out of the backfield."
"I'm not sure that he is not the best back if you just look at the all-around, how he dominates the teams that he plays," Graham said. He is the leading rusher in the nation, so obviously he is pretty special."
The Wildcats and the Devils square off in the 85th annual battle for the Territorial Cup Friday at 8 p.m.
- UFC Legend Dan "Hendo" Henderson - Saturday June 15UFC great Dan Henderson joins The Power MMA Show to preview his UFC 161 bout vs Rashad Evans.
- Steve Patterson, ASU AD - Tuesday June 4Will Notre Dame be on the ASU football schedule? And, what does he think of E. Gordon Gee's comments
- Jeff Pendergraph, Indiana Pacers forward - Tuesday June 4Pacer and former ASU basketball player Jeff Pendergraph talks about Indiana's run in the playoffs
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 30What will be discussed at the upcoming meeting with the other Pac-12 athletic directors?
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works