Graham on UA's Carey: ‘He is pretty special'
The Canyon del Oro High School alum has gotten hot just in time for the team's annual battle with Arizona State for the Territorial Cup.
Sun Devil head coach Todd Graham joined Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo and talked about why he considers Carey to be the best back in the Pac-12,maybe the nation.
"Probably down for down, not faster than the guys at Oregon, but you can't say there is anybody else in this country or this league that is a better running back than him," Graham said. "I think he is right up there."
Carey leads the nation in rushing with 1,585 yards and is fourth in touchdowns with 19.
Graham feels that Carey is more than just a talented runner. He also described the sophomore running back as a "tremendous blocker" and a "great receiver out of the backfield."
"I'm not sure that he is not the best back if you just look at the all-around, how he dominates the teams that he plays," Graham said. He is the leading rusher in the nation, so obviously he is pretty special."
The Wildcats and the Devils square off in the 85th annual battle for the Territorial Cup Friday at 8 p.m.
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 14Patterson talks to the guys about the Territorial Cup & scheduling with Notre Dame Football
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 7Patterson talks to Doug & Wolf about the state of Sun Devil Athletics
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 2Doug and Wolf talk to Patterson about the latest news coming out of the Pac-12 meetings.
- Brandon Magee , Former ASU Linebacker - Wednesday May 1Doug & Wolf ask Brandon Magee about signing with the Cowboys after going undrafted.