Updated Nov 19, 2012 - 4:47 pm
Graham on UA's Carey: ‘He is pretty special'
The Canyon del Oro High School alum has gotten hot just in time for the team's annual battle with Arizona State for the Territorial Cup.
Sun Devil head coach Todd Graham joined Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo and talked about why he considers Carey to be the best back in the Pac-12,maybe the nation.
"Probably down for down, not faster than the guys at Oregon, but you can't say there is anybody else in this country or this league that is a better running back than him," Graham said. "I think he is right up there."
Carey leads the nation in rushing with 1,585 yards and is fourth in touchdowns with 19.
Graham feels that Carey is more than just a talented runner. He also described the sophomore running back as a "tremendous blocker" and a "great receiver out of the backfield."
"I'm not sure that he is not the best back if you just look at the all-around, how he dominates the teams that he plays," Graham said. He is the leading rusher in the nation, so obviously he is pretty special."
The Wildcats and the Devils square off in the 85th annual battle for the Territorial Cup Friday at 8 p.m.
- Mel Kiper Jr.: ASU's Sutton, Bradford could be taken on second or third day of draft
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.