Updated Nov 18, 2012 - 9:45 am
Taylor Kelly has record-breaking day vs. WSU
Coming into their clash with the Cougars, the Sun Devils were mired in a four-game losing streak and all signs pointed to a similar collapse as the 2011 season produced.
While WSU's defense hasn't exactly invoked fear into any opponent this season, Taylor Kelly and Co. did what they were supposed to do -- beat a lesser foe.
Following sluggish performances against Oregon, Oregon State and USC, questions lingered as to whether Kelly should be the program's main quarterback option moving forward.
For at least one day, he answered that question.
The sophomore threw for 236 yards and four touchdowns, but neither of those stats were his most impressive on the day. From the 8:27 mark of the first quarter until the 3:13 mark of the third quarter, the Idaho native completed a school-record 18 consecutive passes.
Kelly shattered a 60-year record that was previously set by Dick Mackey against S.D. Navy back in 1952. Mackey completed 13 in a row to set his record mark.
Due to his phenomenal performance against the Cougars, Kelly is also in line to break the school's all-time completion percentage for a single season. Kelly has completed 66.8 percent of his passes in 2012. Brock Osweiler actually set the school record last season with a 61.8 completion percentage (326-of-516).
- Arizona State football creates 'Honor Row' to recognize current and past military at home games
- High Octane Hour with Arizona State's Graham begins next week
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!