Updated Nov 18, 2012 - 9:45 am
Taylor Kelly has record-breaking day vs. WSU
Coming into their clash with the Cougars, the Sun Devils were mired in a four-game losing streak and all signs pointed to a similar collapse as the 2011 season produced.
While WSU's defense hasn't exactly invoked fear into any opponent this season, Taylor Kelly and Co. did what they were supposed to do -- beat a lesser foe.
Following sluggish performances against Oregon, Oregon State and USC, questions lingered as to whether Kelly should be the program's main quarterback option moving forward.
For at least one day, he answered that question.
The sophomore threw for 236 yards and four touchdowns, but neither of those stats were his most impressive on the day. From the 8:27 mark of the first quarter until the 3:13 mark of the third quarter, the Idaho native completed a school-record 18 consecutive passes.
Kelly shattered a 60-year record that was previously set by Dick Mackey against S.D. Navy back in 1952. Mackey completed 13 in a row to set his record mark.
Due to his phenomenal performance against the Cougars, Kelly is also in line to break the school's all-time completion percentage for a single season. Kelly has completed 66.8 percent of his passes in 2012. Brock Osweiler actually set the school record last season with a 61.8 completion percentage (326-of-516).
- ASU's Todd Graham a finalist for Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year Award
- Doug Franz College Football Playoff - Final
- Bowls feature impressive gift packages for participating teams
- Arizona State accepts invitation to play in 2013 Holiday Bowl against Texas Tech
- Some things are more disappointing than Arizona State's loss to Stanford
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.
- Jean Boyd, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6Boyd explains the importance of ASU football's "Rock Walk" tradition