Updated Nov 17, 2012 - 5:15 pm
Fork Report: Sun Devils become bowl eligible with rout of Washington State
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a football game. So, we will give you a fork report, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from ASU's game against Washington State on November 17. Final score: Arizona State 46, Washington State 7.
The Sun Devils on their fifth try become bowl eligible, picking up win No. 6. Taylor Kelly threw for more touchdowns (4) than incompletions (3) to help ASU end a four-game losing streak. He finished 20-of-23 for 246 yards.
On Senior Day, Rashad Ross became the first wide receiver to lead the team in receiving since Week 5 at Cal. Ross, playing his final game at Sun Devil Stadium, caught eight balls for 79 yards and two scores. Defensively, ASU allowed a single rushing yard on 19 attempts, it's best effort since 2009.
The Sun Devils lose the shutout in the final minute. Kristoff Williams' 54-yard touchdown reception was the first Washington State score at Sun Devil Stadium since 2006. Prior to that play, ASU had outscored Washington State 119-0 over the last three games in Tempe.
He Said It:
"To go out like that is big time," senior linebacker Brandon Magee said. "I'm just so proud to be a Sun Devil."
• Seventeen seniors played their final game at Sun Devil Stadium, including seven from the Valley: Corey Adams, Charles Beatty, Deveron Carr, Josh Hubner, Keelan Johnson, Jamal Miles and James Morrison.
Coming Up Next:
The Sun Devils (6-5, 4-4) close out the regular season at UA next Friday, November 23. The game is scheduled to kickoff at 8 p.m. and will be televised on ESPN.
- ASU students anxiously anticipate Pac-12 Championship
- ASU Associate AD Rocky Harris: ‘Haven't seen this kind of excitement since 1996'
- ASU defense ready for the challenge presented by Stanford's power running game
- ESPN Radio College GameDay to be in Tempe
- Former ASU star Jake Plummer sees himself in Taylor Kelly
- Jake Plummer, Pac-12 Network College Football Analyst - Thursday December 5Jake the Snake shares inspiring insight into ASU football and the Tillman Tunnel
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday December 4The Pac 12 Championship will be a moment to remember at Sun Devil Stadium
- Tom Luginbill, ESPN College Football Analyst - Wednesday December 4A national perspective on the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Larry Scott, Commissioner of the Pac-12 Conference - Tuesday December 3Scott previews the Pac-12 championship game.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday December 3May Day previews the Pac-12 Championship game.