Updated Nov 17, 2012 - 5:15 pm
Fork Report: Sun Devils become bowl eligible with rout of Washington State
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a football game. So, we will give you a fork report, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from ASU's game against Washington State on November 17. Final score: Arizona State 46, Washington State 7.
The Sun Devils on their fifth try become bowl eligible, picking up win No. 6. Taylor Kelly threw for more touchdowns (4) than incompletions (3) to help ASU end a four-game losing streak. He finished 20-of-23 for 246 yards.
On Senior Day, Rashad Ross became the first wide receiver to lead the team in receiving since Week 5 at Cal. Ross, playing his final game at Sun Devil Stadium, caught eight balls for 79 yards and two scores. Defensively, ASU allowed a single rushing yard on 19 attempts, it's best effort since 2009.
The Sun Devils lose the shutout in the final minute. Kristoff Williams' 54-yard touchdown reception was the first Washington State score at Sun Devil Stadium since 2006. Prior to that play, ASU had outscored Washington State 119-0 over the last three games in Tempe.
He Said It:
"To go out like that is big time," senior linebacker Brandon Magee said. "I'm just so proud to be a Sun Devil."
• Seventeen seniors played their final game at Sun Devil Stadium, including seven from the Valley: Corey Adams, Charles Beatty, Deveron Carr, Josh Hubner, Keelan Johnson, Jamal Miles and James Morrison.
Coming Up Next:
The Sun Devils (6-5, 4-4) close out the regular season at UA next Friday, November 23. The game is scheduled to kickoff at 8 p.m. and will be televised on ESPN.
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.