Updated Nov 17, 2012 - 5:15 pm
Fork Report: Sun Devils become bowl eligible with rout of Washington State
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a football game. So, we will give you a fork report, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from ASU's game against Washington State on November 17. Final score: Arizona State 46, Washington State 7.
The Sun Devils on their fifth try become bowl eligible, picking up win No. 6. Taylor Kelly threw for more touchdowns (4) than incompletions (3) to help ASU end a four-game losing streak. He finished 20-of-23 for 246 yards.
On Senior Day, Rashad Ross became the first wide receiver to lead the team in receiving since Week 5 at Cal. Ross, playing his final game at Sun Devil Stadium, caught eight balls for 79 yards and two scores. Defensively, ASU allowed a single rushing yard on 19 attempts, it's best effort since 2009.
The Sun Devils lose the shutout in the final minute. Kristoff Williams' 54-yard touchdown reception was the first Washington State score at Sun Devil Stadium since 2006. Prior to that play, ASU had outscored Washington State 119-0 over the last three games in Tempe.
He Said It:
"To go out like that is big time," senior linebacker Brandon Magee said. "I'm just so proud to be a Sun Devil."
• Seventeen seniors played their final game at Sun Devil Stadium, including seven from the Valley: Corey Adams, Charles Beatty, Deveron Carr, Josh Hubner, Keelan Johnson, Jamal Miles and James Morrison.
Coming Up Next:
The Sun Devils (6-5, 4-4) close out the regular season at UA next Friday, November 23. The game is scheduled to kickoff at 8 p.m. and will be televised on ESPN.
- Sun Devils ranked 18th in preseason coaches poll
- ASU's Todd Graham: 'This is the best offensive team I've been around'
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Tracy Smith, ASU Baseball Head Coach - Thursday July 31ASU baseball’s new head coach Tracy Smith talks about taking over the program.
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Thursday July 31Head coach Todd Graham talks about the upcoming season of ASU football.
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.