Updated Oct 29, 2012 - 3:31 pm
Graham is optimistic injured players will go vs. Oregon St
Last week, the Sun Devils lost defensive tackle Will Sutton to a knee injury and fans panicked.
Well, it got even worse this week.
In Arizona State's disheartening loss to UCLA, two more defensive starters left the game with injuries, defensive end Junior Onyeali and linebacker Steffon Martin.
Martin, Onyeali and Sutton's statuses are all uncertain for ASU's upcoming game against Oregon State, but head coach Todd Graham is thinking positively.
"I'm obviously an optimist, I just believe that we are going to have those guys back and our guys are going to play their hearts out and get it done up in Oregon State" Graham told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Monday.
Graham said that he will know more at (Tuesday's) practice.
It was apparent on Saturday that the Devils were missing key guys on defense. They gave up 45 points and 486 total yards, both season highs.
"We hope that we can get healthy and get some guys back this week," Graham said. "I think that will make a big difference."
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.