Updated Oct 29, 2012 - 3:31 pm
Graham is optimistic injured players will go vs. Oregon St
Last week, the Sun Devils lost defensive tackle Will Sutton to a knee injury and fans panicked.
Well, it got even worse this week.
In Arizona State's disheartening loss to UCLA, two more defensive starters left the game with injuries, defensive end Junior Onyeali and linebacker Steffon Martin.
Martin, Onyeali and Sutton's statuses are all uncertain for ASU's upcoming game against Oregon State, but head coach Todd Graham is thinking positively.
"I'm obviously an optimist, I just believe that we are going to have those guys back and our guys are going to play their hearts out and get it done up in Oregon State" Graham told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Monday.
Graham said that he will know more at (Tuesday's) practice.
It was apparent on Saturday that the Devils were missing key guys on defense. They gave up 45 points and 486 total yards, both season highs.
"We hope that we can get healthy and get some guys back this week," Graham said. "I think that will make a big difference."
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.