Graham is optimistic injured players will go vs. Oregon St
Last week, the Sun Devils lost defensive tackle Will Sutton to a knee injury and fans panicked.
Well, it got even worse this week.
In Arizona State's disheartening loss to UCLA, two more defensive starters left the game with injuries, defensive end Junior Onyeali and linebacker Steffon Martin.
Martin, Onyeali and Sutton's statuses are all uncertain for ASU's upcoming game against Oregon State, but head coach Todd Graham is thinking positively.
"I'm obviously an optimist, I just believe that we are going to have those guys back and our guys are going to play their hearts out and get it done up in Oregon State" Graham told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Monday.
Graham said that he will know more at (Tuesday's) practice.
It was apparent on Saturday that the Devils were missing key guys on defense. They gave up 45 points and 486 total yards, both season highs.
"We hope that we can get healthy and get some guys back this week," Graham said. "I think that will make a big difference."
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 14Patterson talks to the guys about the Territorial Cup & scheduling with Notre Dame Football
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 7Patterson talks to Doug & Wolf about the state of Sun Devil Athletics
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 2Doug and Wolf talk to Patterson about the latest news coming out of the Pac-12 meetings.
- Brandon Magee , Former ASU Linebacker - Wednesday May 1Doug & Wolf ask Brandon Magee about signing with the Cowboys after going undrafted.