Updated Oct 28, 2012 - 1:41 pm
Matt Scott named Walter Camp National Player of the Week
Going up against preseason Heisman favorite Matt Barkley, it was Scott who shined brightest against the Trojans in Tucson. He went 27-for-50 with 369 passing yards, 100 yards rushing and four total touchdowns, as UA erased a 15-point third quarter deficit en route to the biggest win in the Rich Rodriguez era.
For his efforts, Scott joined Georgia's Jarvis Jones as the Week 9 recipients of the Walter Camp National Player of the Week honor.
With Scott behind center this season, the Wildcats rank No. 1 in Pac-12 and No. 4 nationally in passing yards (354.4 per game). Arizona is also No. 2 in the conference in points per game (39.1) behind Oregon.
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.