Updated Mar 22, 2014 - 9:06 pm
Bruins score pair of late goals to top Coyotes: By The Numbers
While it hasn't always resulted in a loss, the Coyotes this month have allowed a third-period run of multiple goals to either tie or take the lead.
That continued Saturday, when the white-hot Boston Bruins scored three third-period goals en route to a 4-2 win at a sold-out Jobing.com Arena.
Here's a closer look at the loss, by the numbers:
The Coyotes' lead for the final playoff spot in the Western Conference is down to two points after their loss and the Dallas Stars' win on Saturday. The Coyotes have 11 games remaining, including the season-finale at home against the Stars.
The Bruins rattled off three unanswered goals in the third period after Phoenix entered with a 2-1 lead.
4The Coyotes set the regular season single-game revenue record for the fourth time this season, according to a tweet by the team's president and CEO Anthony LeBlanc.
Shane Doan's first-period goal marked the first goal the Bruins had allowed in the first period in their last 10 games. It was also the 100th 5-on-5 goal the Bruins had allowed this season, the fewest in the Eastern Conference.
Saturday's game marked the 11th-straight start for Coyotes goalie Mike Smith, tying the second-longest streak of his career. He started 15 straight for the Coyotes at one point last year.
Boston's win over the Coyotes marked its 12th straight win. The Bruins haven't lost on the road in regulation since Jan. 9.
When Phoenix took the lead on Oliver Ekman-Larsson's goal less than a minute into the second period, it marked the first time in 20 periods that the Bruins had trailed.
Coyotes defenseman Derek Morris played his 1,100th career NHL game on Saturday. The 15th-year pro has played for five teams -- the Calgary Flames, Colorado Avalanche, Phoenix Coyotes, New York Rangers and Boston Bruins.
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.