Updated Mar 5, 2014 - 1:10 am
Phoenix Coyotes trade David Rundblad, Mathieu Brisebois to Chicago Blackhawks
PHOENIX -- David Rundblad's time as a member of the Phoenix Coyotes has come to a close. The team shipped him and another defensive prospect to Chicago on Tuesday in exchange for a draft pick.
#Coyotes have acquired a 2nd round draft choice in 2014 from Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for Dmen David Rundblad & Mathieu Brisebois.— Rich Nairn (@RichNairn9) March 4, 2014
It's not really a surprise the 23-year-old Rundblad was dealt. He has played in only 12 games this season for Phoenix, registering just one point.
He was originally acquired from the Ottawa Senators in the trade that saw Kyle Turris leave the Valley. The Coyotes felt he had a lot of upside, possibly even rivaling the play of fellow Swede Oliver Ekman-Larsson. However, he clearly fell out of favor with the team. He hasn't seen the ice since Nov. 21.
Brisebois never saw time with the Coyotes. He was signed as a free agent on March 6, 2013 and was playing for the Coyotes' AHL affiliate when traded.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.