By the Numbers: Coyotes lead wire-to-wire against Penguins
After alternating wins and losses in their past five games, the Coyotes put together a strong all-around effort to beat the Eastern Conference-leading Pittsburgh Penguins 3-1 at Jobing.com Arena Saturday.
Here's a closer look at the win by the numbers:
Coyotes defenseman Zbynek Michalek's goal at the 10:50 mark of the second period was his first of the season, and first since March of 2012.
Coyotes President and CEO Anthony Leblanc tweeted that the Coyotes set the franchise's regular-season single-game revenue record for the second time this season.
Saturday's win over Pittsburgh marked the Coyotes' 20th win this season when scoring first -- improving them to 20-7-3.
The Coyotes landed 26 hits on Pittsburgh, dominating the physicality battle 26-17.
Phoenix center Mike Ribeiro's goal at the 12:42 mark of the first period gave the Coyotes an early 1-0 lead, and also marked his 200th career goal.
Saturday's attendance of 17,342 -- an over-capacity sellout -- marked Phoenix's second-largest crowd of the season, behind only a New Year's Eve contest against the Edmonton Oilers, which drew 17,416.
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Coyotes fall flat late under new owners
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday April 9Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses the team's recent five-game losing streak.
- Luke Lapinski, Coyotes pre and post-game host - Wednesday April 9Coyotes pre and post-game host Luke Lapinski discusses the Coyotes' playoff race.