Coyotes CEO: Phoenix in ‘pretty good shape' to host outdoor game
CEO Anthony LeBlanc has been outspoken in his desire to host both the All-Star Game and an outdoor game since presuming his role in the Coyotes' front office. He's told the media that Phoenix is prepared to host an outdoor game.
"We've certainly stated our case," he told Arizona Sports 98.7 FM's Burns and Gambo on Friday.
"Myself and four or five of the other owners were out at the LA game and we had an opportunity to sit down with the commissioner and deputy commissioner and indicate why we thought it made sense to have a game here."
Six stadium games have been scheduled for 2014 and the NHL is reportedly considering scheduling less next season.
"They'll decide how the want to move forward with the stadium games," LeBlanc explained. "It's hard to say they're anything but a success."
The demand, however, is high to host, for that very reason.
"Every single team in the National Hockey League has expressed interest to the commissioner in hosting a game," LeBlanc said.
But the Coyotes feel that their relationships in the Valley and preparedness would equip them to host right away.
"Logistically, I think we're in pretty good shape," the Coyotes CEO said.
"I think the reasonable question anyone would ask is, ‘Can you guys sell the amount of tickets required to fill a stadium?'"
"And our answer is if done at the right time and against the right opponent, we absolutely can.
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.