2014-15 will see debut of the 'Arizona Coyotes'
Starting next season, the team announced they will be known as the "Arizona Coyotes." The move had long been expected, and now there is a timeline.
"We are very excited to announce that our franchise name will change to Arizona Coyotes for the start of the 2014-15 NHL season," Coyotes Co-Owner, President and CEO Anthony LeBlanc said in a statement. "Becoming the Arizona Coyotes makes sense for us since we play our games in Glendale and the city is such a great partner of ours. We also want to be recognized as not just the hockey team for Glendale or Phoenix, but the team for the entire state of Arizona and the Southwest. We hope that the name ‘Arizona' will encourage more fans from all over the state, not just the valley, to embrace and support our team."
As part of the name change, the team will introduce a new shoulder patch for their jerseys. It's the only change the jerseys will undergo, and will be unveiled for the Coyotes' first preseason game next season.
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!