The Pulse: Goaltending to blame for Phoenix Coyotes' struggles
Sunday, we asked our readers what is to blame for the Phoenix Coyotes' struggles during a 2-4 home stand.
The options ranged from goaltending to a lack of offense, with coaching and the team just not being very good all available to be picked.
A total of 301 votes were cast, and it appears the fans blame the duo of Mike Smith and Thomas Greiss. Goaltending received 84 votes, or 28 percent, which edged out another defense-related option, "Too many easy goals," by eight votes.
Unfortunately, the third-highest total belonged to the final option, which is readers basically saying they don't think too highly of this team anyway.
On the bright side -- for Dave Tippett, anyway -- few seem to think coaching is the culprit for the team's recent stretch, as that received a paltry five votes.
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.