Coyotes captain Shane Doan could return Saturday
Rejoice, Coyotes Nation: The Captain could return to the ice on Saturday.
In a Friday tweet, the Phoenix Coyotes announced that captain Shane Doan has been cleared by doctors and could play against the Philadelphia Flyers on Saturday.
Doan was diagnosed with Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever in December after feeling ill during the team's Canadian road trip. He hasn't played since the Dec. 4 loss against the Calgary Flames.
At the time, Doan was the team's leading scorer with 12 goals. He also has 11 helpers this season and was averaging 19:05 of ice time per game, often skating on one of the team's top lines.
The Coyotes went 4-3-5 in Doan's absence after starting the season 16-8-4.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.