Phoenix Coyotes' Keith Yandle among snubs for Olympic team
24/7 News Source writer Dave Zorn said on Twitter that Yandle could be added later if a player gets injured, but for now, the 27-year-old defenseman will stick with the Coyotes when the U.S. team heads to Sochi.
Yandle has posted 6 goals and 21 assists for the Coyotes this season in 39 games.
Yahoo! Sports writer Greg Wyshynski listed the Coyotes defenseman among the Olympic team's snubs, but offered an opinion on why the eight-year veteran was ultimately passed over.
One of the better offensive defensemen in the NHL and a solid power play point man, Yandle might have been seen as a defensive liability on the larger ice.
Click here to see the full roster for the U.S. men's team.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.