Report: Phoenix Coyotes suspend Gilbert Brule after he refuses AHL assignment
Brule, 26, only saw three games with the Coyotes after being signed on Nov. 30. The former first round draft pick did well with the Portland Pirates earlier this season -- 12 points in 11 games -- but was not eager to return to the juniors.
The center spent three years each with the Columbus Blue Jackets and the Edmonton Oilers before coming to Phoenix in the 2011-12 season, in which he saw action in 33 games and posted 14 points. Since that time, he's had trouble keeping his NHL career afloat.
The Coyotes haven't given any word on the length of his suspension.
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!