Updated Dec 29, 2013 - 1:02 pm
Phoenix Coyotes assign Brule, Szwarz to AHL affiliate
Center Gilbert Brule, 26, and right wing Jordan Szwarz, 22, have been sent to the Portland Pirates.
Brule appeared in three games for the Coyotes after being signed on Nov. 30. The Edmonton, Alberta, native was originally drafted by the Columbus Blue Jackets with the sixth overall pick in 2005.
Szwarz, a rookie, saw 20 games for the Coyotes this season and scored two goals on 20 shots while averaging more than eight minutes on ice per game. He was drafted by the Coyotes in the fourth round (97th overall) in the 2009 Entry Draft.
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?