Bay Area teams uniting to whoop Arizona teams over weekend
The San Jose Sharks got the pep rally for Bay Area teams started on Friday via Twitter.
The Sharks did their part, halting the Phoenix Coyotes' comeback bid in Glendale, beating them 4-3 in a shootout.
And the Golden State Warriors took notice, applauding the victory and going on to get one of their own, embarrassing the Phoenix Suns in a 29-point blowout win.
The 49ers then vowed to do the same in an all-important tilt with the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday at University of Phoenix Stadium.
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?