Three multi-point performances pace Coyotes to win over Islanders
That was the mood of the Phoenix Coyotes Thursday, who scored a total of six goals on the lowly New York Islanders. Three Coyotes players certainly enjoyed the game, as Rob Klinkhammer, Mike Ribeiro and Mikkel Boedker each posted a multi-point effort.
"I thought tonight we spread it out pretty good," Boedker said after the win. "There was a lot of shots on net. If you don't shoot, you can't score."
Boedker chuckled when he was asked about his two goals, his first on home ice this season.
"Seeing the puck go in just builds up your confidence," he said, but he wasn't the only one to get in on the action.
Forwards Rob Klinkhammer (2-1-3) and Mike Ribeiro (1-2-3) led the Coyotes in scoring against the Isles. Klinkhammer's effort marked a personal best for points in a single NHL game.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?